Reading ACAD files

Hello,
We have a need to read autocad files and gather the WBLOCKS in layers that
we are interested in. As a demonstration we were able to do this with
AutoCAD and use the DATAEXTRACT command. Our application already displays
the AutoCAD files with a third party OCX. We don't want the end user to
have to buy AutoCAD just for this purpose.
What tools and languages are available to read WBLOCKS using just the
AutoCAD files, but not AutoCAD on the computer? We have no problem with
buying the tool, its just that AutoCAD is expensive and overkill for our
needs.
I'm lost reading all the stuff that Google finds. Specific tools or calls
would be helpful to poinnt us in the right direction.
Thank you,
David
Reply to
David LaRue