Reading ProEngineer files

Hi out there!Happy new year!
The reason to post this message is because I need something to: -display ProEngineer assembly and drawing files
-print them -convert them to pdf -convert them to image formats (to import them into wordprocessors and so on) -made the bill of materials or access the database somehow
The problem is that I do not want to spend the thousands that ProEngineer costs.
Does anyone out there with the same requirements that me know any free or affordable solution?
Josep Gras Mechanical engineer Take out "treure" and change the vowel in my e-mail address
There are programs available such as Ghostscript to print to pdf. PTC also had a free downloadable 3D CAD program called ProDesktop Express 8.0 which would import ProE files. Trouble is I think the free licenses may no longer be supported but it's worth checking.
Post this to comp.cad.pro-engineer, they will help you.

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:20:11 -0000, in sci.engr.mech "dakeb"

Gone as of 12-31-03. They do have a browser plug-in available at: http://www.ptc.com/cgi/products/agreement.pl
--------------030208020000060603070806 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
We have at the office a software called Myriad which can display 3D solid model from Pro-E and Autocad. see http://www.myriadviewer.com/ It costs some $120 or so from what I can see on this website. Cheaper than pro-e or autocad, isn't it?
It can also display many other graphic files (giff, tiff, ...).
Hope this help.
Gilles
Ed Ruf wrote:

--------------030208020000060603070806 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit