low $$ desktop for swx

I need to upgrade my old desktop and I wonder if anyone has suggestions on what would be a good value economy rig these days? I've been using my laptop for the last year or two, but I want to get the desktop operational again. I don't need bleeding edge, just a decent bumpup. It seems like sometimes there is a sweet spot on memory and CPU pricing, etc after a type is starting to be obsolete. Currently running 2X ATA100 drives (not raid) on an Epox 8KTA3 (266 FSB, I think), with 750mb ram, and an Athlon1333. I want to get to 2mb ram on the next one, so memory price is pretty important. running swx2006. thanks for any suggestions, bill

Reply to
bill allemann

We are building:

AMD64 2X 4400+ ASUS AGP mobo

2GB Kingston RAM (4x 512mb) WD Raptor 72 GB and reusing the existing 500XGL or FX3000 graphics cards

This costs around $1,200 USD and is our standard CAD box. Reas> I need to upgrade my old desktop and I wonder if anyone has suggestions on

Reply to
TOP