low-mid range graphic card recomendations for SW2005

Need to upgrade a machine to a decent card for SW2005. No photoworks, just run of the mill modeling. Recomendations for a stable card in the $150-$250 range, customer unlikely to go higher than that.

Have a crappy Radion at the moment, so don't bother recomending any ATI/Radeon stuff. I haven't paid much attention to these for a few years. Prefer an Nvidia/Glint based card. 3d labs seems to have gotten out of this price range market. The Asus stuff looks interesting, are they stable?

ca

Reply to
clay

If you're trying to get off cheap, buy a Geforce card and use the soft quadro hack

Reply to
Michael

nvidia fx500 is in your $$$range

Reply to
kenneth b

I don't know about the prices, but the nVidia FX500 is a pretty decent card that's not outrageously priced. You might also look for a used 900 or 980 XGL card.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I have a very inexpensive Quadro FX500 and it is fine for doing medium size assemblies.

Reply to
D Short

Be aware that there is a new slot format for cards, a PCI "Express" which my not fit your mother board.

Reply to
JMV

NVIDIA FX 500 - we have a bunch of these at work (we bought a lot when SW had a sale on them) and they all work really good with no problems AND you get RealView to boot! I have it on my home machine also (it has XP instead of Win 2000) and have the same great results.

Dan Bovinich

Reply to
Dan Bovinich