Graphic Card Promise?

Posted this somewhere else, but figured I better share it with the masses here...

ATI had a nice booth at SW World 2004, and looks like their new FireGL line of Graphic Accelerators are certified for SolidWorks, and when 2004 sp3 comes out, they will handle RealView too. And the cards look very cool straight out of the box, as the boards are a nice RED color. Very sexy, but I'm easy like that. Ask WT (see if he replies)...

Anyway, here is a blurb about it on my User Group website....

Also, PNY Technologies has a special going on their nVidia Quadro FX cards. You can get (through a participating SW VAR), an FX 500 for $185. You can check this page out too, if'in ya want....

Have a day...

Mr. Pickles

Reply to
Mr. Pickles

Yes, still here, but not for long - tired.

We are probably going to go with the ATI FireGL X2-256t in our next machines. Reviews say they are just about even with the nVidia FX3000, and quite a bit cheaper, so we'll see. If the machines ever arrive (actually not ordered yet) I'll certainly submit a report. Point to keep in mind - this card requires power plugin. More power!!!

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

The X2-256t would make for a happy machine, one would think. At around $400 to $500 less than a FX3000, ought to make for a happy wallet too.

My baby X2-256t card (the T2-128) is on the way. When it gets here, I will do a report on its performance. I'd be way to slow if I had an X2, so T2 it is. I don't get to design big ole gigantic systems like you folks up north. One of these days, maybe I get a job at a bigger place....

Mr. Pickles

Reply to
Mr. Pickles