MateXpert

How do you turn MateXpert off?

And in the What's New it states under Other Enhancements it states that: During editing, the software changes the alignment of related mates automatically if necessary to prevent introducing mate errors.

I had this enhancement screw up a model I was editing last night and can't figure out how to turn this off so that the model is mated the way I want it to be mated.

Reply to
TOP

Come on guys, eveyone is using it. Nobody has an answer? Am I up a creek here?

Reply to
TOP

Come on guys, eveyone is using it. Nobody has an answer? Am I up a creek here?

Reply to
TOP

I saw there were 2 new posts today and I was hoping that one was an actual answer. I was FIGHTING with this stupid feature last Friday trying to fix an assembly where I replaced some parts. I had to save after every mate that I fixed just in case the next one would turn my entire assembly "inside out".

Reply to
yawdro

I've had similar problems, too. So far no fix.

Reply to
esobota

My best "workaround" has been to delete one of the related mates and then re-mate it after making my other alignment changes. It's a huge PITA when you're working on a concept layout and constantly repositioning components from one surface to another.

Reply to
Mark

OK folks. Ol' TOP has gotten to the bottom of it thanks to my friendly VAR. I'll put together something tonight and post it.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

Instead of deleating the mate could it just be suppressed and then un- suppressed later?

Reply to
Ed

I got a response from my VAR today regarding the behaviour of MateXpert and in particular the force mate functionality. This came on the heals of one of our users having trouble with force mates flipping a part while editing a related mate and a long string of emails back and forth trying to get help on using it in the real world.

The VAR's response (and I am not going to paste it here) was that I now knew as much as they did about how it worked and that any problems should be turned in to SW for resolution so that SW would become a better program. Arrrrrgh.

TOP

Reply to
TOP