SW2006 Upgrade - Official Release

I just received my official SW2006 Upgrade in the mail yesterday. Has anybody else got theirs yet? And have you installed it?

Richard

Reply to
Richard Charney

I downloaded it so long ago, that I forgot there will be CDs coming. I've installed it parallel to 05 and already done a project in it. No new major gotchas for me. Not that I haven't logged SPRs for Sp0.0. Just nothing major.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Yep! Yep!

SFSG, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

got it, but it's gonna stay in the box for a good long time--we're still on '04

Reply to
Michael

Reply to
HardXBow

Yes. No. Not until December or after the first SP, whichever comes first.

I was a beta '06 tester; some good improvements and generally little conversion errors compared to the '03 to '04 and '04 to '05 conversions.

Reply to
HardXBow

We have received 2 so far, but haven't installed yet - we'll ease into it.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I got one for work and for my company.

Richard Charney wrote:

Reply to
TOP

I install SW2006 yesterday so far it is working fine except for Bluebeam PDF does not work on my Windows XP-64 computers. The conversion program work very good only a few models did not convert.

Reply to
Lee

Dale Dunn wrote in news:Xns96C3815439B38daledunnatjamestoolc@65.24.3.135:

I forgot, thare is a nasty issue with the SW BOM and item numbers, where a component appears once for each subassembly referencing it in a parts only BOM. This may not be new with 06, since this is my first serious attempt to use the SW BOM since 04.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I am the test monkey here, and I have around 8 -10 crashes a day working with an assembly done in 05, if I re mate any hardware (bolts nuts...) but seems if I get rid of all the hardware all is good. Big inconvenience I would send in a fix it request but I cannot pin it down yet to one problem. Maybe its just my crap machine, had similar issues with 2005 but just not as often

Ben

Reply to
Ben Eadie

I work todwn most of the time and 06 seems t work great. Some of the new workflows are really robust. A coworker of mine, and former keynote speaker at SWXwrld, removed his

06 in disgust. He also had the same issues of mates not working and large assemblies wigging out. He experienced 6-8 crashes in an afternoon, and went back to 05 Perhaps I am a glutton for punishment and have learnt how to be kind to Solidwrks so it doesnt crash.
Reply to
parel

I did two mold designs in 2006 sp0.0. They are both sitting with the feature tree lit up with errors. I'd open it up the next day, fix the errors, then later on after a regen all of the same errors come back.

I've given up on 2006 also until some bugs are fixed. The major one seems to deal with derived/base parts. If I mate anything to a derived part, the mates are lost at some point later, don't know what's causing it. It seems like the internal face ID's of a derived part are being lost during a regeneration and then the component that is mated to it doesn't have a face to be mated to anymore. The same is true if you do any external references to an edge or face of a derived part.

Roland

Reply to
Roland

SW 2004 sp0 had a simular problem with loosing mates when you used start parts. I had a huge project junk out on me. I kept loosing all my mates and couldn't figure out why.

I'm currently crashing 2006, 6-10 times a day. I have my peformance e-mail turned on, but think I might shut if off, because I'm sick of the time it's taking sending out all them perforance emails everytime I restart it. I like the features in 2006 but I'm running into a lot of bugs.

Reply to
abc

Boy that's a real show-stopper for me. Base parts are at the very root of how I do my mold designs. Thanks for posting this and also for getting out front and being brave enough to even try to do your job with sp0.

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

John,

I'm glad I was the only one in our shop to try sw2006. I didn't convert any of our library files so we are continuing to use sw2005 except for these 2 jobs.

I recall this issue happening on another sp0 release like abc mentioned. I'll take his word for it that it was sw2004.

Roland

Reply to
RH

Hi Roland,

This gets a bit off-topic, but brings up a question I've been wondering about from time to time. I remember hearing somewhere that there are 2 different development teams at SW. While team 1 was working on SW2004 and then cleaning up bugs with sp's ; team 2 will be beginning the development of SW2005. And so on.

If that's the case, then similar sp0 problems could crop up in alternate releases because of the way that each team operates. Not really relevent to much of anything but I figured we needed another conspiracy theory.

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger