Measure from round to a flat

I want to measure from a round face to a flat but when I select the round face it goes to the center of the round object, how can I measure the distance from the edge of the round object to the edge of the flat object?

Reply to
Nathan Feculak

Try selecting the edge of the round object rather than the face. This should give you the closest dimension from the round edge to the flat.

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

If your hole and flat are in a different plane then you can get your edge distance. For example: Pick the top edge of your thru hole and bottom edge of the flat. You will then get a diagonal measurement and you can read you x y z distance. Sometime you will get an edge distance by picking the flat and hole edge in the same plane. For 2 holes pick the top edge of one and the bottom edge of the other.

Another trick is to create an assembly Cut feature or feature cut in a part. This creates a "section view" and all silhouette edges become lines. It is then very easy to use the measure tool. You can turn off you "section" by suppressing the feature.

Warren

Warren