Circular pattern

Is there any way to make the circular component pattern default to 180°? I just about always use that value and it always defaults to 15°. If no answer, sounds like time for a request. Anyone else?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Yep, a ER,.. maybe, a drop down menu with commonly used values!?

360 (top of the list would be last used or set by user) 180 90 45 30 15

And, speaking of drop down menu's... it would be also great to have:

Drop down menus on the heads-up displayed inputs boxes!? Again, commonly used values or a slider bar or a match value (by pitching an existing set value)!?

More direct screen interaction... so, quickly changing values on the screen instead of key input?

=2E.

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Yeah, I've often wondered who decided that 15° was a reasonable default. Just going back to the last used value would be a plus.

Good idea, I'll fill out an ER as well next time I'm at the SWX site.

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

Something peculiar going on here ?.....I do a lot of circular components patterns and never seen 15° as default

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L

I think they are refering to Component Pattern. On 2003 Circular Pattern defaults to 360° yet Component Pattern defaults to 15°

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Maybe the 15° increment is the same default as the view rotation default under Tools, Options, System Options, View Rotation?

Greg

Reply to
Greg Blizard

Nice thought, but nope. Just tried setting the view rotation to 180°, but the Component Pattern/Circular Pattern default was still 15°. SW2004 SP2.1

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

It is found in the registry. If you have permission, goto Start , run, type regedit. search for View Rotate Increment. It is under the "key" Software Solidworks 2003 General. As always it is a little dangerous to edit the registry, but I've done it a lot. Some "key" settings get rewritten when Solidworks is restarted. There are 2 areas, one local and one current user (network). Make sure you change the proper location.

Warren

Warren

Nope, this is the key for the View Rotation Increment, and is capable of being set from Tools/Options. It doesn't affect the default value for the circular component pattern. I just tried changing both the Local_User & Local_Machine, and neither one had an effect on the pattern value.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I just wanted to jump in here with my 2 cents.

The Rib Thickness defaults to: 0.39370079in. No matter how many I create it always goes back to 0.39370079in. And my "Spin Box Increments" are set to .0625in.

I like Pauls idea of a drop down menu of the most recent values used.

Reply to
Jacob Filek