Circular Pattern without features rotating?

Do you know what I mean? rotate the location of the feature but the
patterned features remain at the same orientation as the original feature.
Is there a way? Using 2005.
thanks,
Jeff
Reply to
Not Necessarily Me
How about a sketch-driven pattern? Use circular step-and-repeat in the pattern sketch to create the circular pattern.
Another way could easily be better, since the step-and-repeat tools can't be driven by equations or design taables, and are a general nuisance.
Reply to
Dale Dunn
You know I swear there was an option for that. Apparently not. It IS available in AutoCAD.
Corey
Reply to
CS
I tried it. It rotates the sketch entities as well. (unless I'm not seeing an option somewhere).
Reply to
Not Necessarily Me
Try agaMake a point sketch, and do a Circular Step and Repeat. Close the sketch.
Now create the feature you want to array.
Then pick Insert -> Pattern/Mirror -> Sketch Driven Pattern, pick your feature and your previous sketch....
Steve R.
Reply to
Steve Rauenbuehler
Thanks for clearing me up.
Reply to
Dale Dunn
Oh I misunderstood Dale's instructions. I created a profile of the feature and then did a Circular Step & Repeat. I will try again. Thanks. Jeff
Reply to
Not Necessarily Me
Look up Curve Driven Pattern - that's where it is.
WT
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
Thanks Wayne,