Circular Pattern without features rotating?

Do you know what I mean? rotate the location of the feature but the patterned features remain at the same orientation as the original feature. Is there a way? Using 2005.

thanks, Jeff

Reply to
Not Necessarily Me

How about a sketch-driven pattern? Use circular step-and-repeat in the pattern sketch to create the circular pattern.

Another way could easily be better, since the step-and-repeat tools can't be driven by equations or design taables, and are a general nuisance.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

You know I swear there was an option for that. Apparently not. It IS available in AutoCAD.

Corey

Reply to
CS

I tried it. It rotates the sketch entities as well. (unless I'm not seeing an option somewhere).

Reply to
Not Necessarily Me

Try aga Make a point sketch, and do a Circular Step and Repeat. Close the sketch.

Now create the feature you want to array.

Then pick Insert -> Pattern/Mirror -> Sketch Driven Pattern, pick your feature and your previous sketch....

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve Rauenbuehler

Thanks for clearing me up.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Oh I misunderstood Dale's instructions. I created a profile of the feature and then did a Circular Step & Repeat. I will try again. Thanks. Jeff

Reply to
Not Necessarily Me

Look up Curve Driven Pattern - that's where it is.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Thanks Wayne,