Circular Pattern Tool Question

I am attempting to duplicate a bump on the edge of a round wafer (2" round wafer, .1" thick, maybe 50 half balls .070" diamiter all around) using the circular pattern tool. I am wanting to make maybe 50 of them all around the flat edge of the wafer, like gear teeth almost. My questiun is why do I not have the temporary axis light up for me to use. I am going to view>temporary axis and I do not have the optiun to use the temporary axis which I need to use the circular pattern tool. What am I doing wrong please? I have the made the first half ball by pushing a plane to the edge of the wafer, extruding a cylinder, then filleting to a half ball. Should I be in a sketch mode, not in a sketch mode what? It seems that I do not know the most basic rules I need to follow to use this tool. The help files assume that you know the rules I guess, because it does not tell you. Marcos thanks you for your answer

Reply to
Marcos

Temp axes are disabled, or nothing shows up? Quite often for some geometry, the temp axes are selectable, but you can't see them. If you try to select where the axis should be, you may actually get it.

If the temp axes are disabled, then I have no ideas. I've never seen that.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

The temporary axis for the disk will be short (since the disk is thin), and probably overlaid with the origin arrows. Zoom in and click to find it.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Maybe use the Selection Filter to be able to pick it easier?

Bo

Reply to
Bo

I don't think the axis selection filter picks up the temp axes, unfortunately.

My best method for finding the little short ones is to rotate out of the view such that you would see an isometric, or whatever, view of it.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I'm pretty sure it does pick them up iirc.

Also, nothing wrong creating a ref. geometry axis.

Reply to
Zander

Well, you know what, my comment about the filter not picking up the temp axes was based on my trying it one time and it didn't work. However I just tried it again (2007 SP3.1) and it worked. Sorry for the misinformation, folks.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Thank you all gentilmen for your concerns. I believe there may be a deficiencie in my software that my Temp Axes is never lit. I have to resort to making regular axes using two intersect planes, works all right. would be nice if it worked though I admit. My boss called var, never returned the call though.maybe think is too minor problem to respond to. Marcos

Reply to
Marcos

Hey, don't let your VAR off that easily. Any customer question is never too minor to respond to, in my opinion. If you are paying for maintenance, and this is the service you get, find another VAR. There's just no reason for you to be ignored!

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Plus, if it occurs with you, others probably have the problem, so if you or your VAR get to the bottom of it, then it helps every SWks user.

Bo

Reply to
Bo

Perhaps you just have Temporary Axes turned off in View? Or Hide All Types selected?

Jerry Steiger