Measure: center to x or min to x?

Does anybody have pierced the secret of that. I mean when I measure
something, how could I control if the system take the center of a round
thing (edge or face) or the minimum for the distance?
Reply to
Robin
I am talking about measuring, not puting driven or driving dimensions.
Reply to
Robin
Robin, to me it's a great mystery too! I usually select the face of a cilinder first and then an edge. I get a measurement from the midpoint of the cilinder to the edge. You can check this by the yellow measure line. But sometimes this don't work. There must be a way to control this, but i don't know it yet
Frank
Reply to
Frank Q
We have always struggled with this. Axis when we need center and subtract or add the radius. Not very intuitive.
Reply to
SWuser
Aaaahhhh, somebody understand me!!
Reply to