molds & parts

Hi all,

I have built a mold to pour polyurethane into. Now I want to see how the part will look like. Is there not a way to take the mold & reverse it so to speak? I want what the mold produces. TIA.

Pat Callaghan

Reply to
Pat Callaghan

Extrude to surface (the mold's cavity) HIH JM

"Pat Callaghan" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN

file ... new, part insert ... part (existing mold) insert ... boss, extrude, create solid to match outer shape of and engulfing mold (uncheck merge result) insert ... features, combine (subtract)

Reply to
kenneth b

Pat,

Use the Cavity function. Put your mold in an assembly. Make a new part that is a block slightly larger than the cavity in your mold. Then insert a cavity feature into your new part, selecting your mold. You can set the shrinkage to get the final part size that you expect for your material.

Jerry Steiger

i have no idea what caused me to forget about the obvious. :)

Reply to
kenneth b

Reply to
kellnerp