moronic content and cross posting

greetings all, what a pity the content of this group is going down the toilet. why is it that supposedly intelligent people can't resist adding to the crap generated by the 2 resident obsessive compulsive clowns by cross posting and troll feeding? I presume most folks coming here come here to read and talk about SW stuff, no? for my part I am happy to add to the blocked senders list on this pc - about

50 addresses so far but what a waste of time and bandwidth for everyone and probably a pity for some who are then posting useful content because I don't then see it.. so far I have resisted binning SW regulars but I am getting tempted just to clean up the screen. although I am more happy with a laid back tone than a formal one I really would like to see a bit more brain power applied here. how about we all try a bit harder to make this place the valuable resource it can be and cooperate to kill the nonsense by ignoring it. have a pleasant weekend neil
Reply to
neil

I just posted on this (in another thread? don't recall). If you have a newsreader with some decent filtering ability, most of this noise disappears. I use the Gravity newsreader (free download at

and have set up its rules just for this problem.

I killfile the objectionable posters, delete replies with their names in the message body, and delete messages crossposted to more than one group. This may delete a few worthwhile messages, but I think the sensible posters here (which are the great majority) don't feed trolls or crosspost excessively, so I'm not likely to miss their messages.

Art W

Reply to
Art Woodbury