move an inserted part

Pretty basic question but how can you move/rotate an inserted part?

The move/copy body feature doesnt work.

Reply to
will

Right click>Move with Triad...

Reply to
clay

There is no option for this.

Reply to
will

News=3D=3D----

#1 Newsgroup Service in the World! =

I dont want to mate it - i just want to move it approximately.

Reply to
will

part inserted into a part? or part inserted into an assembly?

what version of sw?

Reply to
kenneth

after you have inserted the part, right click on the part in the FM, edit the feature, then you will see a check box at the bottom that says 'Launch move dialog'

hth

will wrote:

Reply to
tnik

Ok I see what mean now! I was wondering if indent could be used to create something like this;

It seems unlikely. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm interested to know if there's a relatively quick way of doing it in Solidworks.

Reply to
will

ergo,... deform?

.. 8^)

Reply to
zxys

ok thanks - have tried this out a lot now. I've also realised that I can do it using displacement in the render software. Cheers.

Reply to
will