Move entities from one sketch to another

I have something drawn on a sketch. I want to now break it up and put parts of the sketch on different sketches.

What is the easiest way?

Reply to
dlevy
  1. Cut and past into other sketches (but lose relations), contstrain all, then autodim (not associative to first sketch).
  2. Create new sketches and use "convert entities" and keep associativity to first sketch, using it as the "base sketch".
  3. Create "derived sketches" and use "contour selection" to drive features, keeps associativity to first sketch.

Question, can you avoid breaking the sketch into parts by using contour selection for selective feature creation?

~Alex

Thanks. I should probably use contour selection.

Reply to
dlevy

Install 2006 sp0.0 and make sketch blocks of the geometry.

Reply to
Dale Dunn