Multijet modeling vs. SLA parts

Hello,

Has anyone used MJM (Multijet modeling) for their parts vs. SLA? I have a product that we're about to run. It's rather large, so sanding, bead-blasting will take some time. The vendor said that other than temperature (the mjm can't take high temps - 80 degree C or above) it is about the same as SLA. The step size is much finer than SLA (0.0017"), so if I get him a high rez STL file, the part would need virtually no finishing. And it comes in colors. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Mike Tripoli

Reply to
Mike Tripoli

I've use SLA for most things, with a dab of other processes at times. "rather large" is too general for me to guess at.

The smaller the layer build height the longer it takes to build the model and so if you use the smallest layer you balance increased machine time versus less hand finishing, so I don't know how to judge that easily.

Also see

For notes > Hello,

Reply to
Bo

Mike,

Saw the Stratasys Eden333 and the MDM show back in Jan. The machine is actually disigned and built in Israel.

Lays down 16 micron layers, and the parts almost look like they came out of a mold. That's alot of layers, but it lays them down real fast.

They had a bunch of different materials, even a rubber. Pretty impressive stuff.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

Hi, Thanks for the info. The vendor quoting this has a very good price, and told me to send him higher rez files. He says with enough resoltion, the parts don't need post finishing! So, given the task at hand, I think I'll give it a go. Thanks again.

MT

Reply to
Mike Tripoli

Could you give us a link/contact info for this vendor?

Aaron ARF Designs

Mike Tripoli wrote:

Reply to
Aaron