OT: using multiple cpus in 3D modeling.

Dassault now has a multithreading 3D modeler in house.

TOP

hey interesting I see performance isn't as linear as you might expect

4x faster for 7x threads ( 7 seems an odd no. yes? ...)
Reply to
neil

Never has been, but it sure is faster. I wonder how it would do on a cluster with 256 cpus?

TOP

Reply to
manager

Well, I think the new i7's have 8 cores.. Would it make sense that 1 core would be left alone for OS and other things?

Reply to
tnik

Depends on the OS.

TOP