Parent Of Unigraphics Is In Financial Trouble

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

What part of "The sole link between the EDS and PLM is services: EDS sells computer services, and CAD software sales have the possibility of generating after-sales services." and "In related news, EDS PLM Solutions announces that its PLM product, Teamcenter, has one million users, and claims it is the first PLM product to reach that size." did you have problems comprehending?

NOR can you claim "Financial Trouble" as all firms are being squeezed in the shrub's new economy, and software & computer firms more than most.

Now, about EDS ... It closed Friday (today is a US financial holiday) at $21.84, which is up from the 12 month low of about ~$12 (almost exactly a year ago) and the last EPS (07/23/03) was $0.75 .

Based on your press release (I suppose) the stock was UP $0.28 for the day, or about 1.3%.

I guess nobody is selling you clues .....

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

"The move is part of new ceo Michael Jordan's plan for turning around the financially-troubled services corporation -- the plan is sharpening EDS's focus on its core business of being "the premier global outsourcing services company."

"The sale is a means for EDS to generate cash, along with the possibility of selling off the division in its entirety -- the return to independence is hinted at by PLM Solutions president Tony Affuso statement: "We expect this alternative would enable PLM Solutions to be more agile in the market, make decisions more quickly, and more effectively leverage our roots as an independent software company on behalf of our customers."

"Because EDS needs cash, I am guessing they will sell 49% of PLM. Another possibility is to sell 25% now, and hope the price raises before selling the other 24%. PLM Solutions has 41,000 customers, and in 2002 generated revenues of US$879 million, representing 4% of EDS's total revenue. The selling price of companies typically ranges between 1x and 3x annual revenues."

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

As always . And not very good at it, as time has shown.

Share price has increased ~ 82% in the last year (I know you have problems with simple trig and now percentages it seems).

But then again, about anyone that did any actual research or thinking would know ......

Reply to
Cliff Huprich