Fadal building in Chatsworth is for lease...

Drove home from the gym this week and noticed the big "For lease" sign on the Fadal facility here. They were there a long time. Also talking to a tool salesman - mentioned that Haas is slashing prices 30% on machines... Wow!

Reply to
Bill

Haas prices on eBay are still way, way too high.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

They will ALL be going down shortly.

Watch

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Bill wrote: > Drove home from the gym this week and noticed the big "For lease" sign > on the Fadal facility here. They were there a long time. Also talking to > a tool salesman - mentioned that Haas is slashing prices 30% on > machines... Wow! >

I read on another list that production is moving to Wisconsin. Service and support will still be in the same building via MAG Maintenance Technologies.

As far as discounted machines go.......

The owner of my shop asked me if I would like a new Hyundai Kia SKT21LMS turning center. While there my be other machines I would prefer, I was intrigued by the question, since we have slowed down a bunch the past four weeks. He said he was getting it at "almost half price". I'm not sure how accurate that is but one thing I do know is that he must be getting one helluva deal. Of course, when times are good I've seen salesmen crawl out of his office, collapse on the floor in the fetal position and commence to drooling and shaking uncontrollably.

-- John

Reply to
Pin Man

I'm watching and waiting on the sidelines ready to go when it happens with Haas machines.

It's already happened on machinist hand tools.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

I suspect they will be holding back on the g-codes, tho, tryna make it up on the back end.

g2, but no g3; g41, but no g42; oh, oh, way-extra for g80, g69, g40, m9 -- you can get in, butcha cain't get out....

Haas ain't no foo'.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Just negotiate with them. In this economic climate, nearly everything is negotiatable, especially something like g codes.

Reply to
Kurgan. presented by Gringioni

Watching prices on ebay has absolutely no bearing on what the other used dealers are doing. People are letting stuff go dirt cheap, but you actually have to work at it, instead of just watching on the internet. (Not unlike your life long struggle with nonexistent "problems" in CADCAM).

Reply to
Joe788

Pretty sure this is known as "deflation"

Reply to
Earwax museum

The other side of the negativity is rarely viewed in here but outstanding opportunity is always there for innovators. Nobody ever did the "same old same old" and progressed.

I would rather press on and seek out what the masses whiffed on. Michael

Reply to
Michael