PDM : considering DBWorks - No remorse ?

We are small hitech manufacturer (100 employees among which 10 R&D guys, 18M=80 turnover, over sized computer resources for our size). We want to implement a PDM solution corresponding to the following criterions:

-Solidworks Gold Partner.

-Deals with all kind of files, including relation inter-documents (hyperlinks)

-Runing on Microsoft SQL server (able to interface with our MRP software)

-Progressive implementation Solidworks Workgourp->R&D-> whole enterprise-> subcontractors

-Minimizing dedicated human resources.

-BOM & workflow is a plus

From what I've read on this group DBWorks seems to fulfill totally my

specs (ProductCenter & Smartteam seems to be too expensive and difficult, PDMWork too small without possibility to extend and tehre is hardly no post/thread on the other PDM/ERP_SW_Gold_Partner.

Do you think that choice is good ?

From your experience can we bypass heavy consulting (we already have

serious network knowledge and have already set our MRP soltuion)

Thanks for your feedback !

Remi

Reply to
Rémi

You might take a look at Conisio to see if it will do what you are looking for.

WT

-Solidworks Gold Partner.

-Deals with all kind of files, including relation inter-documents (hyperlinks)

-Runing on Microsoft SQL server (able to interface with our MRP software)

-Progressive implementation Solidworks Workgourp->R&D-> whole enterprise-> subcontractors

-Minimizing dedicated human resources.

-BOM & workflow is a plus

specs (ProductCenter & Smartteam seems to be too expensive and difficult, PDMWork too small without possibility to extend and tehre is hardly no post/thread on the other PDM/ERP_SW_Gold_Partner.

Do you think that choice is good ?

serious network knowledge and have already set our MRP soltuion)

Thanks for your feedback !

Remi

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Yes it seems that Conisio is quite well adapted to my case. Except that it is not "Gold partner". Does that mean there are some problems of integration?

Did someone evaluate that product versus DBWorks ?

R=E9mi

Reply to
Rémi

ProductCenter administrator here. here is my $.02 worth.

this is one of the more complex programs that are available. now that i have it stable i spend very little time supporting it, maybe an hour a week. yes it is expensive, but for those that have it, will go no other place for this need. let me explain the benefits.

automatic PDF generation on approved files, this is very nice. workflow, very powerful filetypes, easily setup to accept any format. database is Oracle, for those that use Oracle MRP. can be setup with full security to allow access from inside and outside

the company. take a dedicated source to start and organize system. once setup done, minimal support. full BOM support out of SWx to PDM via XML. incredible support, most within minutes of posting. fully customizable. intregral viewing capability via AutoVue vault encription and compression.

this is the full package, no limitations, just your imagination.

now off my box. i have spent alot of time with ProductCenter folks along with other PDM admins to make this one heck of a package. i admit that when i started using it 5 years ago i had my doughts. now that we have refined this PDM package to fully support SWx it has become very user friendly. i admit it is expensive, many dollars out of the pocket to start and to maintain. worth it, YES every penny of it.

of note: during my implementation i was involved with a CAB group for this porpose. the other members in the CAB came from Smartteam and DBWorks to ProductCenter. they stated that ProductCenter was way beyond the abilities of where they came from. but this was a few years ago, things change constantly.

change is relevant, grab ahold with both hands when it passes by. iQ

R=E9mi wrote:

Reply to
iQ