PDMWorks Workgroup Vs Enterprise

Has anyone done a feature by feature difference between PDMWorks workgroup vs enterprise. COuldn't find such a chart on the solidworks site the only difference cited on the net/literature is that workgroup is targetted towards small groups

Reply to
venkatperi

Workgroup requires a special client interface to access the vault, but it still allows you to rev control any type of file, not just SW. n my opinion, the Windows Explorer interface in Conisio (Enterprise) is highly overrated, not to say that it's bad, just that it isn't much if any better than having a separate client software interface. They both require learning new stuff.

The main differences are going to be that Enterprise has a real database (which has benefits and detriments), it can do things like workflow for routing ECNs through a sign off loop, and it has multi-site capabilities. And price. They are two completely different products.

Reply to
matt

how about

Here is my 2¢

When I was evaluating a product document management which worked with solidworks for my company, here what I found ....

PDMWorks - No database structure (messes with file names and directories(folders for you newbie's)). Conisio (now PDMWorks enterprise) - Good but lacked configuration part numbering features. Synergis by ADEPT - GOOD DMWorks by Mechworks - GOOD (and supported by our var) this is what I recommended.

Reply to
Keith Streich

We've been using this for almost 4 years. It's a great little system! Well integrated with Solidworks, maybe the best-in-class imo.

We lost interest in this after the Solidworks acquisition. We want to go with a dedicated vendor.

Interface seems dated/funky. Reminds me of DOS 6.22/ Win 3.1. Integration with Solidworks seems to be lacking a little.

We are leaning heavily toward this one. Configurations can be managed. One big downside when compared to PDMW, option (Local Checkout Mode) to work locally only exists in Enterprise Version. ;(

Reply to
kenneth

PDMWorks Enterprise is Conisio with an increase in price of $400.0 US. Not a single thing has changed except for the name.

The problem is that the real PDMWorks vault and the vault in PDMWorks "Enterprise" are totally incompatible and there is no migration tool.

The only plus side is that Conisio has a robust API.

Reply to
Tim Markoski

As an added bonus with DBWorks there is a migration tool between PDMWorks and DBWorks. Existing PDMWorks clients are also eligible for a

25% discount on the same number of new DBWorks seats. Check with your VAR for details.

Len

Keith Streich wrote:

Reply to
lmar

PDMWorks is pretty good for small to middling offices. It is reasonably fast, intuitive for the most part and simple to set up. Just make sure the vault is locked down. Is limited in some of the SW functionality it supports.

dbWorks can work with most SW functionality and can be either simple to setup or extremely complicated. It expands to meet the task as necessary because it is so open. There is a workgroup and enterprise version as well and it can interface to many ERP systems if you like.

We went with dbWorks because of configuration support.

Reply to
TOP

Reply to
Jason

for more info on PDMW Enterprise see,

through the features on right side

Reply to
kenneth

$2500.00 USD per seat.

In fairness to the MLC-CAD and other resellers, this has put them in a really bad spot.

MLC-CAD was already selling Conisio to fill the void between PDMWorks and SmartTeam, They already have existing customers of Conisio. I sure hope SW rethinks the pricing.

Reply to
Tim Markoski

Yeah...that sounds steep....an old coworker of mine siad he went to a VAR demo and was told it was $3000 for 5 seats. Was that a promotion or did he mishear? I told him check on DBWorks....it may be cheaper and may get more functionality.

Tim Markoski wrote:

Reply to
Jason

We received the following pricing, PDMWorks Enterprise for SolidWorks 2006 - $1795 Subscription - $495

PDMWorks Enterprise Contributor - $1295 (non-CAD users) Subscription - $395

$1500/day for consulting. No indication of how many days would be required.

Bear in mind we already own SW Office Professional. So I'm guessing there is a discount because of this.

Reply to
kenneth

DBWorks added local checkout mode to its workgroup version - (express)

Reply to
james

nice!

Reply to
kenneth

Paul...did you receive my email?...not sure if this google thing sent it correctly when I chose to reply to your email address.

Jason