Pierce relations (calling long-term users [fellow sufferers?])

Can anyone recall whether "pierce" used to use the infinite projection of a straight line? As of 2003 SP3.1, it seems to only work where the finite line passes through the plane in question.

I'm as sure as anyone with advanced memory loss syndrome can be that was not always the case, and if that is so, would be interested to know when it was changed.

Despite what "Help" has pretended ever since pierce constraints first became available, they still, as of 2003 at least, did not work for an axis. I think they may for temporary axes, but not permanent, but I may have that backwards.

It is laborious to diagnose just what's what, because it also seems that "pierce" is now disabled in cases where "coincident" gives the same result

If so, this inhibits a model's potential for change.

Has anyone got a thorough handle on this topic?

Regards

Andrew Troup

Reply to
Andrew Troup

No, pierce will not do projections or extensions of out of plane items. Never did as far as I know. Pierce doesn't work with axes.

Matt

Reply to
matt

Pierce has always been limited to the finite length of a curve. It also still carries with it a lot of quirkiness when dealling with a curve that pierces a plane multiple times. The worst example is with helices.

Reply to
TOP

Thanks guys

Reply to