Problem when inserting model items in drawings.

Hello all,

I seem to have a problem when inserting model items into my drawings. Some of the dimensions will display correctly while others appear to be fixed to some none-existent points in thin air. These dangling dimensions won't snap to the model properly, and i often cannot shift them to other wiews. Have anyone other than me encountered this problem? I am running Solidworks 2004 SP1.

Best regards, Frederik Daniel Hjort

Reply to
Frederik Daniel Hjort

I've seen this on sheet metal parts, starting with SW98+, as I recall. I haven't checked recently to see if it still behaves the same. I don't remember seeing it on other types of parts.

Jerry Steiger Tripod Data Systems

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

Well, any results yet? Others with the same problem?

Reply to
Frederik Daniel Hjort

If it is a section view, you may find that you need to create the section on the same plane that the original part sketch was created on.

Merry :-)

Reply to
Merry Owen

I had this problem yesterday when I tried to dimension a drawing view with a vertical break. Everything was going okay and then all of the sudden it wasn't working right. Simple extruded grinder cam. The damn thing wouldn't let me put a small angle dim on it either. I had to re-create the view to the get the &^$%$*@! thing to work correctly. Well, I still couldn't put an angle dim on with out a workaround... but I'm not bitter. That was on 2004 SP1. That little gem along with a few other annoying and potentially disastrous problems made me go back to SP0. It's a good thing the IT guy had only updated me...

By the way, I'm really not so sure I won't see this particular oddity on SP0. Perhaps increasing the wireframe resolution setting would help. I didn't think to try it at the time.

Deb

Reply to
Deb Dowding