Trouble with inserting model items in drawings.

When inserting model items in a drawing, some dimensions display alright, while others are inserted in strange places, and not snapping
to the model at all. Have anyone other than me encountered this problem? I am running Solidworks 2004 SP1.
Hello Frederik- I've been using SolidWorks since version 2000 and this has always been the default behavior. After inserting the dimensions, you have to manually move them to their correct positions. Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell www.3-ddesignsolutions.com
inserting model items in a drawing, some dimensions display<BR>alright, while others are inserted in strange places, and not snapping<BR>to the model at all.<BR>Have anyone other than me encountered this problem?<BR>I am running Solidworks 2004 SP1.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
In addition, you'll find that the behaviour is particularly odd if there's a section view in the drawing... I find that inserting items one view at a time (and often, one feature at a time) is the only way to get useful results
inserting model items in a drawing, some dimensions display<BR>alright, while others are inserted in strange places, and not snapping<BR>to the model at all.<BR>Have anyone other than me encountered this problem?<BR>I am running Solidworks 2004 SP1.</BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
If you are doing a section view & want to use the models dims, etc. make sure that you section line is on the same plane as the initial sketch (go to the drg view in the feature manager and select the sketch - this will highlight the sketch in the drg view and you make your section line normal to it).
Merry :-)
inserting model items in a drawing, some dimensions display<BR>alright, while others are inserted in strange places, and not snapping<BR>to the model at all.<BR>Have anyone other than me encountered this problem?<BR>I am running Solidworks 2004 SP1.</BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=