coarse object lines in printing and saving as pdf

hi the problem i am having is coarse object lines in printing and saving as pdf in 2207. Dimensions look fine. I have had a problem a few times on different prints in the past month. I tried it on a few different plotters of different brands so it's not the plotters or drivers.

I had this same problem with some prints back in solidworks 2004 and I know other people had the same problem by reading it some some forums back then. The problem was never fixed in 2004 but work fine in 5 release of solidworks 2005.

tedch support told me to put the display quality at high but that did not work

any ideas/ solutions?

Reply to
greif

Prior to SW2007, shaded images on a drawing would cause all views to print to PDF as raster, not vector. This seems to have been resolved in SW2007.

Any shaded images on your prints?

Reply to
That70sTick

no, I don't have any shaded views. It was sent to solidworks corp. last week and they can't even fiqure it out

Reply to
greif

I've largely given up on using the save-as-pdf in SWX and print to pdf using Bullzip pdf creator (free). You get the option when printing to define line weights (NB. It changes them for all open documents).

John H

Reply to
John H

It sounds like you are printing views that are still in draft mode. In

2007 there has been a huge problem trying to print drawings just loaded and not having the views all resolved. This makes those views draft until they all get loaded and then "automatically" switch to normal views. There should be a tick box in the print dialog to not print views in draft mode.

thank you!!!! that did it

Reply to
greif

Just FYI here. i use the save as to PDF format but we changed one of the options settings to "high quality". this makes a very good output. one drawback is the file size, about 3 times the size made with other programs. iQ

Reply to
iQ