Dimension set to "This Configuration" by default. Help!

On a part I've created in SW2007, when I add new configurations, many of the dimensions are set to "This Configuration" in sketches. This should not be the case (as far as I know).

Does anyone know where to globally make them all apply to "All Configurations" by default!

Thank you.

Reply to
james

I believe that dimensions default to "All Configurations" until you change that to "This Configuration" or "Specify Configuration(s)", or you put in a Design Table with that dimension changing. But SolidWorks does have a habit of changing other parameters in mysterious ways without my input, so perhaps it bit you in this particular fashion.

I don't.

Jerry Steiger

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

Thanks for the sympathy Jerry.

As an experiment, I deleted all of my configurations (a copy of my real part - the config's are relatively complex).

Once all configurations were deleted, I checked the dimensions, and the "apply to configuration" menu disappears (as it should). As soon as I add a configuration again, the dimensions again default to apply to "This Configuration".

HELP!!!

Reply to
james

I get the same behavior on a test part. Dimensions which were "This Configuration" before I deleted the configurations were "This Configuration" after I built new ones. Dimensions which were "All Configurations" stayed the same in the new configurations.

Jerry Steiger

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

Thanks for the confirmation Jerry.

I'm at a client's office at the moment (discs not with me), or else I'd update to the latest 2007 service pack.

I'm on 2007 SP 2.2

Reply to
james

I'm on 2007 4.0, for what it's worth. I didn't see an error that looked like this on any of the fixed General SPRs after 2.2. I suspect your file just got messed up somehow.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Steiger