Re: brief advice on drawing sheet metal part please

> Could someone tell me 'their' correct way (or a tutor link) they would

>> draw this please:
1) Draw Base Flange Rectangle 2) Draw the 2 Large Vertical Flanges on ends. 3) Draw the 2 Horz Top Flanges 4) Draw the 4 smaller verical flanges on both sides of the 2 vertical flanges that you just created. 5) Draw smaller horz flanges off the base flange. They will error on creation, just edit the sketch, drag the vertical end lines of the flanges towards the middle of the part, and then dimension them afterwards.
Reply to
rocheey

Hi Steve,

After taking a look at your part, and seeing that you got a bunch of responses, I think I have a novel way of making your part.

Check out:

This is one of the many ways that this part can be made.

There are at least 4 viable methods to make your part.

1 - 6 "panel" sketches on a rectangular frame (great control and very favorable of your part has high levels of detail within the panels). Your part shown can be made using 6 extrudes and one sheet metal definition.

2 - Thin extrude + miters or edge flanges (very nice if the flanges have low detail in them - perfect for low detail stiffeners whthout holes)

3 - base flange + edge flanges (same as above with a slightly different twist)

4 - shell method (per the example - many variations on the shell path).

In any case, enjoy solidworks - it gets better with time.

Regards,

SMA

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams