Re: Chinese Manufacturing 2.0

Looks to me like China is ready to get serious and take the next step

> toward kicking our ass. > > Most U.S. machining job shops use Mastercam. > > Whose got the advantage now? > >

"CimatronE Selected as the Designated Multi-Axis Machining Software"

Since the emphasis of the competition is multi-axis programming....and both CimatronE and Mastercam both use ModuleWorks as their multi-axis engine...other than a different GUI, what is your point?

Reply to
Zymrgy

LOL! Only Banquer could make such deductions by reading a press release about a vocational competition.

Reply to
Joe788

Well, he did drop out of HS and "never looked back" didn't he. LOL

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Honestly...what kind of dumbass can't make it through HS?

Reply to
Zymrgy

Honestly...what kind of dumbass can't make it through HS?

I couldn't. I was bored out of my tree.

S.Fields BSEE, graduate work in Communication theory. Patent holder in electronics, and author of several articles dealing with mechanical issues with helicopters. Now a magazine publisher. For me HS was a waste of time.

Reply to
Stu Fields

WooHoo. I have a masters in geology & a BS in Physics. Both by the time I was 17. For me HS was behind me when I was 14. Anyone who can't finish it is a complete dumbass. If it bored you that much....why didn't you finish early?

Reply to
Zymrgy

A clueless one.

Reply to
Cliff

WooHoo. I have a masters in geology & a BS in Physics. Both by the time I was 17. For me HS was behind me when I was 14. Anyone who can't finish it is a complete dumbass. If it bored you that much....why didn't you finish early?

Could have. I was skipped ahead when I was in the 6th grade. However, to finish HS and have what? I know of several people who were very creative that didn't bother with finishing a process that had little meaning for them. I also dodged an MSEE that was going to be granted with little learning in back of it. According to U Berkeley, I was the top student in their toughest undergraduate class in EE. I was on a full salary scholarship for the MS. The classes were a disaster with profs in a panic about the publish or perish. After 9 months of that farce I dropped out of that as well. Yeah I don't have the piece of paper that says MSEE, but from what I saw at Berkeley at that time I can't find any value in that piece of paper either.

Reply to
Stu Fields