Re: Custom Hatch Patterns

No one has anything for me? I know hatch patterns are old as the hill and boring, but I have some unique ones (which I'd be willing to share) if I could get them to work properly.

Keith

Anyone attempted to place custom hatch patterns into Solidworks? Any tips > of tricks? Not as straight forward as cutting and pasting my old ones > used in Acad. > > I read the instructions in the hatchpatternmap.txt and Sldwks.ptn files. > But still no success or should I say Solidworks gives an error message > when booting stating something about failing to run and sorry about the > inconvenience, that's it. > > Is there a limited number of patterns (100+)? > > Thanks for any help! > > Keith >
Reply to
Keith Streich

only have one custom pattern to share,

*:501:Glass, Lens Glass 45, 0,0, .21875,.0625, .125,-.125,.0625,-.500,.0625,-.125
Reply to
remy martin

hatchpatternmap.txt is for mapping to autocad when saving drawing as dwg. sldwks.ptn is where you need to add your hatch patterns. a little tricky getting used to the format, just experiment. not sure on max number allowed. maybe check with var. even if you input incorrect info into .ptn file, no error should present itself.

add your custom patterns at the bottom of .ptn file (after *:73 line)

Reply to
remy martin

i stand corrected on that "no error" remark. it is possible to get an error.

Reply to
remy martin

That's what I mean! I followed the format and just clipped the patterns into that file. I was placing them starting at 72 and the "*:73:none, none" line at the the end and changing it to 108! No luck!

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich

have you tried a Google search of this group re AutoCAD patterns?

Reply to
neil

can you post at least one of the questionable patterns? is it in the same format as the "glass lens" which i previously posted?

Reply to
remy martin