Re: fit spline tolerance

When performing a 'fit spline' what does the tolerance number actually

>represent. Sometimes when I look at the preview the fit spline will almost >exactly match the curve, but the tolerance will be large (like 1mm). Anyway >Im just curious what 'mathmatically speaking' is going on here.

I'd guess a least squares regression.

See:

files under "15 Modeling of Data" at
HTH

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

Hey CJ, I have no clue, that's a good question. But, I've always assumed (from my knowlage of MasterCam) that it was cordial deviation.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

im sure its the radius that is created at the point that 2 lines meet.

Reply to
Sean Phillips

Huh??

Reply to