Re: importing triangles

I must be misunderstanding. I don't have ASCII as a file type option. Also, how would SW know what to do with the list of points? I was hoping for a file-converter or a macro or something.

Bill (newby)

Should be File>Open then change the file type to ASCII > > Corey > > > I have a program whose output data is an ascii file of 3d coordinates for > > the vertices of triangles. The triangles have already been procesed into > a > > Delaunay triangulation, and I would like to play with the resulting > "mesh", > > although mesh is not the right word. > > > > Does anyone know of a way to import ascii coded coordinates into SW05 as > > either triangle lines, or as triangular faces? > > > > thanks > > > > Bill Chernoff > > > > > > > >
Reply to
Bill Chernoff

in a new part, insert, curve, curve thru xyz points ...

Reply to
kb

Hi, I don't know if this will help you or not, but Accutrans

can import/export ascii files (as well as others). It costs $20, but there is a 30 free trial. Polytrans (my choice, but expensive -
does this as well. You can export the mesh created to Lightwave 3D
LWO format, or obj. Depending on what you want to "do" to the mesh, maybe SW isn't the best choice. Have you looked at Rhino
This has a free trial as well (25 saves). Honestly, I have never used Rhino for anything, but I know of people that love it. I use Lightwave for manipulating polygon meshes (I usually go the other way though, SW to a poly mesh into Lightwave). I think that there are other poly mesh programs out there that might be better at manipulating a mesh than SW.

Reply to
Mike Tripoli