Re: looking for small steel square tubing source

(Note: Top posted reply moved to bottom, comp.cad.solidworks added to groups)

> > I am looking for source(online or otherwise) small(less than 1/2") steel > or > > > aluminum square tubing. > > > The smallest tubing most sources have is 1/2" which is too much for my > > > application. > > > > > > BTW: I am in San Francisco Bay Area. > > > > Why don't you hire a freelance contract designer or engineer for > > your job? Probably not very expensive to do. > > Just curious; you seem to be using these three newsgroups > > to do simple design for you. > > > > And you can probably use the Thomas Register or your local > > business yellow pages and the phone to locate suppliers ... > > -- > > Cliff >Common guys! >I am just asking where to buy stuff. >As for hiring a designer... >I am building lot's of different prototypes to see what works the best(for >my idea) if at all. > >When I am more or less happy about a particular prototype I'll hire someone >professional to work on a >final design of a product that would be mass produced(hopefully). >So far it' still far down the road. > >Anyway folks who have money don't ask questions on news groups. >I wish I had money to hire someone from the start. :) > >rec.crafts.metalworking has been a very valuable resource for me. >I am very thankful to all people who gave me advise on my (sometimes stupid) >questions. >I am also taking machining class at local community college so expect my >question to be less stupid :)

Alex, You have started what looks like ~22 threads in 3 crossposted newsgroups asking about the design of your little gizmo and it's parts and for local suppliers over the last month or so. While many of the comments are no doubt of great value a real designer could probably help you a lot, IMHO, and at a lesser total cost in the end. IF you are serious about your unknown secret project/product/design. You might even be able to find someone local (San Francisco IIRC) that needs a bit of side work and will sign a confidentiality agreement.

HTH

Reply to
Cliff Huprich