Re: mitre flange

Not sure about SW (I would imagine it is the same) but in IV you have to use "Corner" tool and do the corners up before proceeding to the next round of flanges. I do this type of work fairly regularly. Write to me directly if you need an example.

Regards,

Igor.

Reply to
Igor Mironenko

(Resending this)

Based on the description below, I'm going to guess that you are making your parts as sheet metal parts. If so, after your base flange, use miter flange instead of edge flange. The advantage is that you can make the shape be whatever you want and it will carry your profile all the way around and fix the corners as it goes. The disadvantage is that you can't skip a section - they all have to be connected.

Basically, think of it as a special kind of sweep. You start your sketch on one end of the material, you give it the edges of the base flange as a path curve, and it sweeps that profile around. Your sketch should include all of the profile that you want. Check out the Help for more info on miter flange.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany