Re: [OT] getting a MAC OS9 or OSx to talk to a PC win XP

> HI,

> Bo

Lee, I did go ahead and reverify that MacOS9 using DAVE connects easily to WinXP.

The basics for me in networking ethernet peer to peer has been a crossover cable for early Macs (which I have) and setting a local area connection on Win to DNS 192.168.0.1 and my Mac to 192.168.0.2 with the proper Workgroup name in the System Control Panel and setting up shared folders.

This general method has also worked between WinNT4 and Win2000, and OS9 & WinNT4.

Bo

Reply to
Bo Clawson