Re: Poor Documentation In CADCAM Products Part 2

Good thing I don't write for them:

Good thing for the users as well since technical writers should actually know something about the subject.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Imagine writing a book on how to use a piece of software as its being made? Sounds like a real tough thing to do? I'm sure there's a "process" just like everything else?

Reply to
vinny

It's not easy and doing it requires tremendous resources. Believe me. Just building good in line help is a real task, especially for a fully configured CAD/CAM product. Been there, done that. Then you have to consider that actual product lock down might not happen until one or two months before release and sometimes not even then. It's becoming common practice to roll into new releases.

Reply to
J Carroll