Re: SW 2005 dwgEditor API

Emma,

Here is the code to connect to DWGEditor from VB(A):

Option Explicit

Public objIcad As DWGEditor.Application Public ActiveDrawing As DWGEditor.Document '// START ACTIVE X CONNECTION // Public Function Connect() As Boolean Dim IcadRunning As Boolean On Error GoTo Err_Control IcadRunning = IsICADOpen() If IcadRunning Then Set objIcad = GetObject(, "DWGEditor.Application") Else Set objIcad = CreateObject("DWGEditor.Application") End If objIcad.Visible = True Set ActiveDrawing = objIcad.ActiveDocument Connect = True Exit_Here: Exit Function Err_Control: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Here End Function

Function IsICADOpen() As Boolean On Error Resume Next Set objIcad = GetObject(, "DWGEditor.Application") IsICADOpen = (Err.Number = 0) Set objIcad = Nothing Err.Clear End Function

HTH,

Bert

"R&E" schreef in bericht news:xoKKd.14745$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

> > I want to be able to batch export dwg files (from autocad) or convert a > drawing someone has done in the editor to dxf. > > > > I have created a utility to convert to a dxf from the main SW API - but > not > from the editor. How do you call the editor to even open? > > > > Thanks > > > > > >> does anyone have any sample API code (VB) for SW 2005 dwgEditor - I want > to >> be able to use the API to save drawings as a dxf >> >> Thanks >> Emma >> >> >> > >
Reply to
Bert Muijtstege