Re: "Thoughts to ponder for 2007"

[

> Ponder for 2007 > > Number 10 Life is sexually transmitted.

here in the UK the life in our Number 10 is more of the pond variety.

Reply to
tg

Yap :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

catch up cliff. We now have a new PM, he's nobody's poodle and very soon you'll have iraq all to yourself.

Reply to
tg

Sure.

And we will remember our NATO allies and how well they supported us. We will remember it when Putin overruns the pathetic remains of Europe.

You'll have it all to yourself. What goes around, comes around.

Reply to
Stuart Grey

the 'what goes around comes around' saying currently applies to the US more than any other place. You're the ones that have really got it coming to you, big time. And I'm gonna watch it on TV.

Reply to
tg

Your jealousy is noted and is fascinating. But then...not surprising from a turd worlder.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Or Albania. LMAO

Reply to
J Carroll

If Putin has any sense he'll do it before Shrub leaves office so the retaliatory strike will be against China.

Reply to
Stuart Wheaton

I'm betting on Iran.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I'm betting that Congress will pull the plug on this nonsense between October and December if they can. Perhaps not, but Bush will face a solid and unified Congress in opposition if he decides to shoot from the hip again. You can probably count the number of people in government that trust his judgement today on one hand. I doubt he could even get through National Command Authority to give an authentic launch order. It isn't just up to him you know.

Reply to
J Carroll

Yeah, but some of the Dems who were elected the last time around seem to go along with a lot of Bush's reasoning on Iraq. I don't know how unified they'll be.

However, it also appears that a growing number of Republicans in Congress are ready to oppose the war with their votes. So it looks to me like a draw, more or less.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Hi Ed.

What news server are YOU using today?

Richard

Reply to
cavelamb himself

I'm using Optonline.net. It has no filtering that I can detect, but I've been able to manually delete the spam without any trouble. If it continues for long, I'll do something.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Odd...the Leftwing talking heads are tentatively starting to say we are winning in Iraq. Seems to have shot a hole in your theory.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

You're brain damaged if you think either Congress or the American people are going to rally around any Bush effort to attack anything beyond a Big Mac or Texas brush.

There are just to many years of victory, whatever that is, being just around the next corner and all of the other HooHaa this administration has been spouting for there to be a single chance that more good money and treasure will flow to follow the bad.

Even Bush knows that and if he doesn't, well there is always the twenty fifth Amendment.

With any luck, George will be happy enough to enjoy the perks for another few months and then quietly dissapear to his ranch in South America.

Reply to
J Carroll

Fascinating you are not disputing the Lefts gathering claims that we are indeed winning in Iraq, after so much negative spew.

They wouldnt be positioning themselves to take up the war against militant Islam, would they?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Hardly a rant and I can't think of a single person on the planet that sees between ten and 30 years of having large numbers of American troops as any kind of victory.

Thinking that Iraq can become a beacon of Democracy in the Middle East ignores both the regions history and political reality. Were that actually the case, Israel is just such a beacon and would already have provided the necessary example of the benefits.

It is beyond the power of the United States or its Armed Forces to end 2000 years of tribal warfare between the various sects. The parties always think they are either one up or one behind, never even. They will have to be allowed to fight and kill each other long enough either for one side to exterminate the other or to become sick and tired of killing, death and the lack of a peaceful existence. In history it has never been otherwise and this situation is no different. The US stands in the way of it's own, and the regions, own interests at this point.

At any rate, we've had this conversation. It's pointless to continue a rehash of old news and I really just don't care that much at his point. I've seen "1968" and the sequel, "1975". I know what the end of the movie looks like.

Reply to
J Carroll

Not quite true. I think one boomer could do the job in about 30 minutes. Okay maybe two boomers.

Gary H. Lucas

Reply to
Gary H. Lucas

If you repeat a lie often enough then it eventually becomes the truth.

Reply to
pRECISIONmachinisT

Doh!!....

Reply to