Re: tips backlog - searching through lots of stuff

Turns out that 'internet explorer' is not

compliant -

Please disregard that part - I should assumd that it is not Internet explorer at fault, but the web sites I am visiting. Still, its a darn annoying thing - any way that we could get Idaho to change its name to something starting with a 'Q'?

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

Edward,

I believe that in Internet Explorer, or any other Web browser, you could type in "I" multiple times to scroll through the "I" list. Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong.

Leonard Hursh Escofab Inc.

Reply to
Leo Hursh

What I hate is when you try to scroll down with the mouse wheel and end up with Wyoming selected, because the list is still highlighted.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Thanks!

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

While we are getting off into the world of Microsoft and little tricks...

You know how in Internet Explorer you will get suggestions to autocomplete what you have started typing based on prior entries (instead of typing '

' every time, you only have to type in 'www.g' and internet explorer will pop up a list of all the sites you've visited that have start with a 'g')? Same for outlook - all I have to do is start typing 'todd' and it will suggest Todd Trein, even though I might not have written to him in a year. The problem is that the lists can start getting really long, be full of stuff you will never use any more, and if you misspell something once it will always be in the darn suggestion list.

To delete stuff from that list, just hover your cursor over the item in the list and, without touching any mouse buttons, hit delete.

I just thought that was a neat tip, and wish soemone had told me (I had to search forever through a lot of websites to find that simple, useful little function). Maybe soemone else will find it as useful.

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

I have the same problem with Main, Maryland, Massachusetts. I have lived in both Michigan and Minnesota, but did you know that most of the time if you type "I" again it will normally go to the next state starting with "I" this way Idaho can stay Idaho and not confuse us all. Where would the good potatoes come from Quidaho Potato I wouldn't know what to do. Just think what the Montana and North Dakota people go through.

Main Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana

Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

"Just think what the Montana and North Dakota people go through."

Montana people can press 'N' then the up arrow once. North Dakota people can press 'O' then the up arrow once.

I live in Maryland and usually only have to hit 'M' twice, but sometimes I end up with 'Marshall Islands'.

Reply to
Jeff Norfolk

Someone did!

Jerry Steiger