replace face

Hi

Is there a way to do a replace face operation while doing a top down assembly from one detail to another?

If not what would be the easiet work around?

Thanks

Reply to
camtd

"camtd" wrote in news:1116769578.249173.121930 @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

If what you mean is that you want to use a surface from one part to replace a solid face in another part, you'll have to do an intermediary step of using either offset (zero distance) or knit to basically copy the surface from one part to another, and then do the replace face with the copied surface.

Reply to
matt

Do you mean something like this "replace face" function?

It's video 05 if it doesn't pop up right away.

camtd wrote:

Reply to
haulin79

Hi Matt

Thanks that worked great. It is a simple thing to do in a regular solidpart but I have not done it in a assembly before.

While there are other products people like to compare, which is fine. They should do it in there own post and not pollute someones questions and or contributions about solidworks, on a solidworks site.

We are here to learn about solidworks one another so I thought.

Thanks Aga> "camtd" wrote in news:1116769578.249173.121930

copied

Reply to
camtd