need models of luer locks

Does anyone know where I can find 3D models of syringes with luer locks?

Reply to
rduck

I have looked in the past (maybe a year back) and found none then.

I have a 3cc Monoject I did as an example which is very close to what they sell & if that would be of use I can email it.

I did not do an absolutely true Luer Thread with the ends done as they would be ground in the mold, as this was a cosmetically acceptable quick solid for use in an assembly of parts as a buyout.

Bo

Reply to
Bo

"luer locks" is a bit of a misnomer as it is merely a Luer Female thread and Luer Male post, done to the ISO standards.

Bo

Reply to
Bo

Paul Salvador has a model of the male Luer area on his site:

As I recall from the discussion that lead to the model being made, it's not exact, but pretty close.

Jerry Steiger

I tried Paul's as I recall, but they were not good enough for me.

You need ISO 594-2 and 594-1 to see just what is in the specs.

You can buy the ISO standards from:

The syringe I have & can email has the basic Luer post and thread accurate. There is actually a lot of leeway in the specs & variations of threads or partial threads for design variations as long as the Luer taper is maintained and the end diameters of the cones are kept to tolerance so the fit is right.

Even then, there are individual companies who take considerable liberties with the standards to make 'custom' parts with improved functionality, like the Alaris Needle-less self-closing Luer Port.

Bo

Reply to
Bo

I cleaned up my 3cc Syringe particularly on the ends of the Luer Threads so they are modeled with the thread form on the helix angle to match a typical set of ground threads on an unscrewing mold core pin.

The complete set of 3 models and assembly is 2.5 megs zipped.

Bo

Reply to
Bo