Shopping for a SWX system? Building it yourself?

Tom's Hardware has a handy little web page that will provide comparative results for just about any processor now on the street. What is not there, and this is to be expected from a generic benchmarking site, are specific SW results.

I would suggest however, that the results on this page are pretty representative of what can be expected. More importantly, if you click on a results bar, a window will pop up giving the specifications for the system used to obtain the results. By exchanging the graphics card shown (which is usually gaming oriented) with a CAD type card you will in most cases come up with an instant recipe for a CAD machine. I have found that many of the benchmarking sites that are reputable, like Tom's and Anandtech, use pretty decent hardware for testing. So this information plus pricing will get you to a CAD system that will be reliable and fit whatever budget you have.

TOP

Reply to
TOP