swx2007 to swx 2008

I am running 2007 sp5 and want to upgrade so i can either goto swx

2008 sp5 or swx 2009 sp ?, can some please give me advice on diffferences form 2007 to 2008 to 2009 and what effect if any it will have on my current hardware? Is there a marked increase in memory usage i work primarily in large assembllies.

Thanks .

Reply to
mo

What is your current hardware?

Cheers,

Anna

Reply to
Anna Wood

I am running xp 64 bit and a quadro fx1300 with 4 gig of memory. I forget the cpu at the moment i'm at home.

Reply to
mo

Make sure you can get SolidWorks approved video drivers for your system and video card.

If you have an OEM system, select your OEM from the system dropdown. If a homebuilt system select Nvidia from the system dropdown.

Read the What's New Guides for SW2008 and SW2009. You can get links to all the What's New pdf's here:

I suspect you may not like the performance of your hardware with SW2008 and SW2009, it needs a bit more horsepower to run then SW2007. You video card is old (introduced in June 2004). If this is an indication of the rest of your system for components you may not like the user experience.

Check out my SW benchmarks at

(link in the right sidebar) to see how your system stacks up to current computer hardware. You will want to look at the punch holder benchmark as that has a SW2007 file and the most data points for you to compare.

Cheers,

Anna

Reply to
Anna Wood

Even though SW touted great performance gains in 2009, they weren't there. 2009 will likely require you to rethink your hardware and OS setup and upgrade just to keep up.

TOP

Reply to
manager