shortcut keys assignment "1" no longer possible?

in previous versions (2001+, don't laugh) you could assign 1 or 2 or whichever single key to a function. In the new 2007 style assignment it is impossible to edit the shortcut values. Anyone got a trick or workaround??

thanks, Michiel

Reply to
Bami

Bami wrote in news:1191082565.249520.52650 @y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com:

This works fine for me. Can you describe what exactly is happening?

Reply to
Dale Dunn

in the Customize-Keyboard screen I try to fill-in the Shortcut(s) column. Works fine when typing "Ctrl-1" or "Alt-1" or "Shift-1". When I type a "1" charachter I hear the system beep and nothing is filled in... Same goes for all the number characters.

Reply to
Bami

Interesting. I've never tried that. I had assumed that you mentioned 1 and

2 simply as random examples. Perhaps they have blocked the numbers to prevent things happening when you type a number into a dimension or something? I sometimes have problems like that when trying to change the letter of a datum callout before placing it. I see now that several of the non-alphanumeric characters result in a beep. I numbers on the number pad are permissible though.
Reply to
Dale Dunn

They are stored in my spine somehwere, no need to think, after 7 years using them:

view change wireframe 1 hidden edges 2 hidden edges removed 3 shaded 4 perspective 6 Shift-6 section view 7 Shift-7

and then there are the standard Ctrl-1 Front View / Ctrl-2 Back View etc..

On a conventional keyboard these keys are very easy to find without looking.

Numpad is too far away for my right mouse hand.

Think I have to remap all my shortcuts to use Q W E R T Y U for view comands. Pfffff :)

You are right about colliding shortcts, but that happens with "normal" single characters also. I'm willing to sacrifice that for speed.

Anway, thanks for your reply!

Reply to
Bami