sketch for engraving

I have created several intensive sketches for engraving only to discover that using the wrap function is not possible with many single or crossing lines. This means projecting each line separately. hundreds of lines. The surface to be projected on is conical.

Help!

Reply to
Ron van Dijk

The Wrap can only use closed loop sketches and nested closed loops. You can't wrap individual lines or crossing lines. One thing I have done when what I had to do couldn't be accomplished this way was to make several copies of a face using offset surface (zero distance offset) and wrap onto the surfaces with the scribe option, then thicken them to join them with the solid.

Reply to
matt

Reply to
plasticmoldedproducts

Have solved the problem. Do not use SW but UG. Projected curves in UG are fantastic. intersections or single lines->no problem!!

Reply to
Ron van Dijk