Solidworks 2007 - crashe and all part files come up empty

Has anyone ever heard of this one?

I've been using Solidworks 2007 (it's happened on multiple service packs so i wont bore you with that).. And i'll sometimes crash (usually the one that has caused this is a quick-exit, but i've had it happen when solidworks has completly locked up and i've had to close the process). I'll then load the assembly i was working on, and even though i'd been saving my progress all day.. basically every part that i had created in the last 12 hours (even the stuff i did the night before, which had been saved, closed, and reopened), everything reverts to a part file of 58.5kb in size, and is basically a shell of a part ie: it's only a part file without any actual features.. they're all empty. So now i have an assembly with a bunch of empty parts.. I'm not using any kind of PDM, but i do save all my parts to a server (connection to the server is stable, and it's quite a nice server at that, no complaints on that front)

I called it in to tech support at my VAR but they had never heard of this happening. It's happened to me twice, and to a colleague of mine once. All times losing hours worth of work.

Now i'm usually naturally paranoid about solidworks' stability, so i'm constantly rebuilding and saving.. but it doesn't seem to help with 'this' kind of crash happens.. it'll take it all with it.

It would be great if atleast one other person has had this happen to them.. maybe we can find a common element.. At the moment my VAR's clueless, but he's 'researching' it as we speak so i'll reserve judgement until he gets back to me :)

Andr=E9 Richard

-Still working at midnight trying to catch up with the crashes..

Reply to
Refracted

Hi Could it be that You have double versions of the part files? I have a vauge memory this happened a couple of yrs ago and I found out that after I've saved an assy to a step or something, I had double versions, and the current assy linked some of those empty parts.

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

Unfortunatly, i really didn't have time to inspect the files as i had a deadline and worked through the night so as to not be behind.. I'll check next time it happens, but it all seems very mysterious to me.. it's happened on more than one computer also, so there's a variation in configuration and hardware involved..

Thanks

Andre

Reply to
Refracted