SolidWorks is unable to obtain required memory

Hi,

Just wondering how many people are getting this same message in SW

2008 when opening assemblies? We're getting it with moderate sized assemblies that shouldn't be a problem.

Everybody in my office can repeat the problem and other colleagues I know outside our office have encountered it too yet both local VARs seem stumped by it.

Thanks Devlin

Reply to
Devlin

Devlin,

Suspect there might be a geometry glitch in SW code that's gobling up memory (software memory leak?).

SP 5.0 has been released but I don't think it will solve the issue.

I'm getting the same problem with SW2009 when rendering a simple part image (square block). Again, geometry is such that it shouldn't be an issue.

Had the identical problem when rendering a piping route. Removed the

3D sketch CL of the route and the rendering worked fine.

While not answering your question it may give SW/Vars something more to go on.

Len

Reply to
lmar

I get it all the time when opening even just a single part. Usually shutting down swks and restarting fixes it, but it is annoying as a banquer.

Reply to
madcadman

Saw this before on a regular basis on a 32bit system and 2Gb ram.....but now after changing to 64bit and 8Gig of ram never seen it.

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

"As annoying as a banquer." That's the funniest thing I've heard today. You might have just coined a new term. Thanks

Reply to
Devlin