Solidworks Pricing?

I'm interested to know if Solidworks give discounts for multiple seats and what they classify as a 'seat'. Would I need to buy a seat for each PC at the standard rate if I have 3 PC's?

For example, some software is sold as a license per amount of cores on the PC... how do Solidworks do it? Do they allocate a seat to each PC or to a number of cores?

I would be interested to know about this in relation to Solidworks in the UK.

Thanks.

Reply to
will

I'ld contact your nearest SolidWorks users in companies near you which you can find on the SolidWorks Manufacturing Network pages on

Bo

will wrote:

Reply to
Bo

I just didn't want to contact the Solidworks reseller as they hassle me with phone calls 24 hours a day.

Bo wrote:

Reply to
will

Netwrk licenses are cheaper than stand-alone.

Reply to
parel

I hate to repeat myself, but I recommended contacting "users" from the list of companies in the U.K. on the main SolidWorks website.

Bo

will wrote:

Reply to
Bo

I don't know about the UK, but here in the US, network licenses are more expensive than standalone. I know this for a fact. Again, this is in the US, not UK. I'm afraid that you are probably going to have to talk to a reseller at some point. Look around and talk to all that are available in your area.

Good luck,

Steve O

parel wrote:

Reply to
SteveO

Ok thanks.

I'm sorry that there was hate necessary for you to have to repeat yourself Bo.

Reply to
will

It is an expression over hear in the colonies, with no particular meaning AFAIK.

Bo

will wrote:

Reply to
Bo

Oops SteveO is right. Its just that our group shares seats of Solidworks, because all of us dont use the seats at the same time. So it worked out cheaper for use to buy the network seats. I had forgotten this in my reply.

Reply to
parel

It depends on how you look at the cost of network licenses as to whether they are cheaper or not. If you have twenty users and only 5 are using SW at any one time then five or six network licenses are definitely going to be cheaper even though the per seat cost is more for each of the seats. If you have a need for addins like Office then a network seat is going to be much cheaper because you can float one seat of Office among all users.

Reply to
TOP