Sorry, OT: Need input on Cell providers

I currently have Cingular, the am having a hell of a time with them...I have a RAZR phone on one line, and 2 other cheap phones for wife and Mother...for the last 2 months, my pohone hasnt worked right at all...lots of times wife will all me and no go, both have good signals.. repeated calls to Cingular have done nothing to fix it... now my Razr wont connect to the Net (I use it with an Ipaq), and I have no idea why...it was working fine, now nothing...

I am wanting to cancel, but am roped into a 2 year agreement...is there any other way out of this withoug paying 500 bux??

Also, who would you try..I have had alltell and Verizon in the past..alltell sucked, Verizon was OK, till they screwed me on a plan extension when I added a phone to my plan...

thanks for any input

Reply to
cd

They all behave like politicians, raping the pocketbooks of the very people who feed them.

It seems a universal complaint. An online computer show host just said the same thing yesterday in Los Angeles about Cingular, Verizon, and others.

At least with T-Mobile and Cingular you have a phone with a SIM card and you can go out and buy the phone you want and put the SIM card in it and don't have to buy a phone through Cingular or have them activate it.

In fact, if you buy the phone from a 3rd party, you should make sure you get an "unlocked" phone that doesn't have features disabled as the Cingular phones do.

Bo

Reply to
Bo

How about this:

?

Brian

Reply to
Brian M

what about the razr recall announced on cnn about a week ago? problematic or what?

Reply to
spinfo

I just heard on a TwiT podcast about a way to get out of a contract. Take extreme advantage of the free roaming and eventually they will terminate your contract. Read the fine print on the contract, most likely there is a clause stating that they have the option to end the contract. They only do this when it cost them more than to keep you than you are paying. Even though roaming is free to you it is not free to them.

Just a thought, Jeff

Reply to
Not Necessarily Me