split function

SW 2005 SP 04

The split function is not working! I've used it before, but maybe not with this SP. When I click on the split function, SW crashes. Any thoughts? Was this a fix that SP-04 created?

Thanks, Brad

Reply to
Brad

We had the same problem our solution was: This can be caused by the file "msflxgrd.ocx" that is located in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 not being properly registered. To correct the issue:

  1. Open a command line window (DOS window). Start\run and then type : cmd and press ok
  2. Change Directory (CD) to the location were the .ocx file of interest resides. at command prompt type : cd c:\windows\system32 and then press enter
  3. At the command prompt, type: regsvr32 msflxgrd.ocx and then press enter

  1. Once Enter is pressed to run the command dialogue pop up will display saying the action was successful.

This should work

Reply to
Trevor

Split is an inherent VB and VBA method. It isn't dependent upon any OCX much less the Microsoft Flexgrid.

Any errors caused by using Split are probably related on how the return value is being assigned or how the required arguments have been entered.

Brad, post the portion of your code that uses the Split Method. If I can see it I can give you a better idea of what's happening.

Reply to
Tim Markoski

Hi,

We tried Trevors idea last night with no luck.

Aso, I am using Win 2000 for an OS.

Tim.............I don't know where to locate that bit of code that you are refering to. Could you give me a hand on locating it so I can send it to you?

Thanks a bunch!

Brad

Tim Markoski wrote:

Reply to
Brad

I've had similar fixes as Trevor suggest work on 3 different occasions with different features that were crashing me. You might have to use windows search funtion to find its actual location and re-register it.

Additionally the SW knowledge base ( search "split feature causes crash" ) has some additional suggestions, including a known issue that's been fixed in 2007 sp2.

Reply to
Brian

My mistake.

I thought you were talking about the Split Method in the VBA API.

Reply to
Tim Markoski

Hey Guys,

I reloaded SW and the split function now works. Thank you for your suggestions, this is a great resource.

Brad

Tim Markoski wrote:

Reply to
Brad